Saturday, June 04, 2005

You Had me Worried there for a Second

I just got today's mail. It's 10pm. Amongst the junk mail and campaign fliers was an envelope from my husband's state of permanent residence, indicating that we finally got our state refund. Wait a minute. This does not feel like an envelope with a check in it. What now? I need this check to pay off furniture I bought to put in my house and I need it asap because once July hits, my carriage will turn into a pumpkin and I will owe JCPenney aheckuvalotta money if the interest is calculated in there, which, I'm trying to avoid hence needing the refund now.

This is what they basically said: Jen, you have no idea what you're doing when it comes to filing state taxes, especially when it's not your state. Leave the tax forms to a professional. Yes, your attempts were good. However, you are not a CPA. Stick with your day job. We're decent folk here at the IRS and even though we had to correct a few things, you're getting more money than you thought you would, but we're going to take about three more weeks to get that to you.

Works for me! Good thing I have a couple of shows scheduled for this month so I can cover my pumpkin butt until we get our *new* check!

5 comments:

Katy said...

LOL...That would work for me too. Those are the good mistakes.

Judy said...

Cool for you getting some cashola back!

Anonymous said...

Aren't you glad they were honest! Hooray for a little extra money!

Robin said...

Whew!

Tammy said...

Yahoo, More money, That is always nice.