Monday, June 13, 2005

Party Perfection

The Princess had a Royal Bash. This little girl is so spoiled and she has no idea. We had a great time. The house was decorated in pink tulle, pink princess crepe paper, pink, white, and purple balloons and pink flowers. Do you see a theme? It's to make up for the fact that there will be a Pirate party here in October. Aaarrrgh!!

Leah did what every normal one year old does at her party, she slept through the first half. I had the older kids make princess (or wizard) hats out of craft foam and foam stickers. It was a lot of fun. I think the adults enjoyed making their princess hats as much, or more, than the kids! Bill's mom and sister had such a great time with it that they will be sporting them as they walk off the plane today when they arrive home. Yes, our family has a strange sense of humor.

Leah can move out of the house now. She's ready. She has two upholstered chairs and a couch, a kitchen, a horse to use for transportation, a new phone and a full wardrobe. She's ready to go!

Trey had a great time "helping" Leah open her gifts and is having even more fun helping her play with everything. I was worried that he would take over and not let her play with her own things, so I've been watching him very closely. This morning, after I got the play kitchen out of the box (yes, it's out, Teresa!) they were sitting together, cooking when I see Trey fall backwards. Apparently, I have to watch my little princess more than the boy. At least she's learning to get what she wants, I suppose. Yeah, that's it.

The entire week has been gloomy doomy for my Ohio family to enjoy. Now that they've flown home, the sun is shining. Unreal. Hopefully it will stay nice for when Bill's mom and dad come out on Saturday. They have a supercute condo that they rent right on the beach (can you say 'jealous'?) so hopefully they'll get to enjoy it and maybe we can even take the kids out there once or twice.

Now that it's Monday, the party is over, the house has been cleaned, messed up and cleaned again, my eye has finally stopped twitching (a sure sign of stress) I must get back to my normal life of laundry, dishes, diapers, more laundry and grocery shopping. Oh the joys of motherhood.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Glad to hear the party went well. They grow up to fast.

Judy said...

Glad you had a nice time- the party sounds like it was fab! Have a good week!

Katy said...

Ah yes, the "joys" of motherhood. LOL