Friday, June 17, 2005

Remember...

Please keep my husband in your thoughts and prayers, along with the rest of his unit. It's been a difficult 48 hours for them. Eight men will not be returning. They've made the ultimate sacrifice. Remember their families during this horrible time.


**************************************************************************************
Killed Wednesday when an explosive detonated near their vehicle near Ramadi, Iraq; assigned to 1st Battalion, 5th Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Pendleton, Calif.

• Marine Lance Cpl. Jonathan R. Flores, 18, San Antonio
• Marine Cpl. Jesse Jaime, 22, Henderson, Nev.
• Marine Cpl. Tyler S. Trovillion, 23, Richardson, Texas
• Marine Lance Cpl. Dion M. Whitley, 21, Los Angeles
• Navy Petty Officer 2nd Class Cesar O. Baez, 37, Pomona, Calif.; killed Wednesday by small-arms fire in Iraq's Anbar province; assigned to 2nd Marine Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force (Forward).

4 comments:

Judy said...

Thank you for your post Jen - the guy from San Antonio - it has been on the news here - and now I see it in your blog.

Your husband and the rest of his troop will be in my prayers.

(((HUGS))) for you, too - can't imagine what it must be like for you.

Anonymous said...

Tears falling down my face as I imagine the family of the 18 year old.
My daughter is 17, just graduated HS and was a CO of her JROTC Unit. Some of her best friends are already graduating boot camp.

Tell your husband that many people are praying for them and think of them every day.

Robin said...

Praying for them, and for you.

Katy said...

Girl, I a m so sorry. I hope you are doing well. I know it is littl econsulation, but if you need to IM or e-mail or call, please let me know.