Thursday, June 23, 2005

100 Days

For those of you counting (Judy =Þ) we are down to 100 days before Bill gets home. I'm not sure I'll make it. When he went off to war in 2003 he was home after four months. When the whole thing started, we had no idea how long it would take, so four months was great! We knew it would be seven months this time, give or take a week. S-E-V-E-N M-O-N-T-H-S. That's a long time to be away from someone you love, and actually really like to be around. A lot has happened since he's left and who knows what will take place before he gets home. Here's some things I'm betting on:
*Leah will master walking
*Leah will have at least two more teeth
*Trey will start a new preschool
*We will celebrate nine years of marriage
*We'll have lots of days at the pool/beach
*I'll do a load of laundry every day and still not be caught up
*I'll say goodbye to a good friend after her six week vacation here as she heads back to the home the Marine Corps has given her
*I'll be spending lots of time with my best friend until she heads back to the home the Navy has given her.
*Perhaps I'll wonder why my friends and I all ended up with these service men that drag us around the country and are called to leave at the drop of a hat.
*I'll lose my temper with my kids and then hug them tight
*I'll sit in a blow up pool with my son and daughter and eat popsicles and not care that they're dripping all over the place.
*I'll try to clean my office...again
*I'll make many trips to Costco
*I'll make more to the commissary
*I'll make an effort to watch all those silly reality shows coming out in July
*I'll pack up another care package to mail out to Iraq
*I'll scour the Oriental Trading Company catalog for patriotic items to decorate the house with for Bill's homecoming
*I'll start to plan the welcome home party, our weekend getaway and Trey's fourth birthday party which all happen within three weeks of each other.

Then, I will sit down with a nice glass of Pinot Grigio and wonder how the heck I got where I am today.

Sing with me to the tune of "100 bottles of beer on the wall"

100 Days till Bill gets home,
100 days till he's home
You get thru one
Now it's done
99 days till Bill gets home...

6 comments:

Tammy said...

Aww, Hang in there girl. 100 days will go by in no time. It must be so hard for you but I know you are a strong women and if you were need a blogger to lean on...I'm here for you. Ciao.

Judy said...

Wait until after July 4th to hit up OTC - their stuff will be on sale!

I do follow your counter very closely! :-)

Anonymous said...

Love the song! (and hugs to you and the kids, too...)

Jen said...

Beth, sometimes I don't deal. Sometimes I feel like I'm going out of my mind. It's not easy. Just one day at a time. My faith helps me a lot. I've got a great support thru family, friends and church that make it somewhat easier. I just remember that God doesn't give me more than I can handle!

Robin said...

What a sweet list. Praying that those 100 days go by quickly!

Katy said...

Girl, I hope it flies by. Hubby had to be gone for almost 8 months and it blows. I hope it all flies by so fast for you. xoxoxox