Wednesday, June 29, 2005

???

I hate it when I don't hear from Bill. The last time I talked to him was on Sunday afternoon. I know that he's eleven hours ahead, and sometimes he's sleeping, sometimes he's working, sometimes the power goes out, sometimes the communication lines go down because a Marine was hurt of killed and the next of kin needs to be notified before anyone is allowed to talk to anyone else (keeps the rumor weeds under control). There's been a lot of tragedy within my husband's unit. He's on the front lines. Well, he isn't, but the unit he's with is, so of course my mind wanders. As I was playing with the kids before bedtime, I thought I heard the phone ring, but I wasn't sure. I checked the caller ID when I came downstairs and noticed that my KV had called. KV is short of Key Volunteer. To become a military wife you have to take Acronyms 101. Ok, not really but it sure would be helpful. Anyway, the KV is my point of contact with the CO (Commanding Officer or head honcho of my hubby's unit) So then my OCD mind flies off without me on all sorts of tangents and I have to chase it down the hallway reminding myself that if something bad were to happen, the Red Cross would call, not my KV and if something REALLY bad were to happen, two men would show up at my door and then I would turn inside out and my mother would have to raise my kids because I would be in a home. Anyhoo, my KV called to verify personal contact info, talk about upcoming events that are going on with the unit and to see if I'd be interested in joining a prayer group for these guys, cause really, what else can you do when they're in harm's way but pray?

It's been four looooooooooong months since he took off for Iraq, so Bill, if you read this, EMAIL ME!!! 'k, love ya!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I so know what you mean. My husband and I usually have almost daily email contact... (yes I know I'm spoiled) but he's doing something in Saudi right now and is incommunicado. I haven't heard from him since last Tuesday. I'm not worried, but keeping in touch with him keeps me on a more even keel! Glad yours called!

Judy said...

I'm taking some deep breaths for you, girl...hang in there.

Tammy said...

Oh man, My heart just dropped reading this. Hang in there girl.