Friday, July 28, 2006

Where's my lead suit?

Ruh-roh.

My daughter's sitter called this evening to tell me that she'd (the babysitter) been throwing up.

Both my kids were with her today.

I'm hoping that this is something that I can feel bad about instead of bracing myself for something. She had Leah 'the day after' and I'm wondering if she picked it up from her.

I really really don't want to deal with this again...back to back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In other news, I found out that my 24 year old cousin has a horrible case of shingles. What makes this even scarier is that her dad, my favoritist uncle, has battled rheumatoid arthritis since his early 20's. The two are strangely related. The diseases, not my cousin and uncle people! Even thinking about everything that he's had to deal with is overwhelming and I hope and pray that this is *just* shingles. Nothing more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Strange things are a brewin'. Weird weather across the country, strange, old, diseases resurfacing. The stomach flu floating back and forth between the coasts (as per all the mommy bloggers I've read about dealing with this) with no end in sight. I best start diggin' my underground shelter now!

4 comments:

Raggedy said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I am sorry your cousin is going through shingles..
I hope you and the children do not get the stomach bug thing..
Have a wonderful day!
*^_^
(=':'=) huge huggles
(")_ (")Š from da Raggedy one

Judy said...

Oh no! Hope everyone stays well. Sorry to hear about your cousins and her shingles...those are so painful!

Raggedy said...

I hope all is going well there.
My thoughts and prayers are with you.
If you get a chance could you click on the link and let me know your Aura results?

http://its-a-raggedy-life.blogspot.com/2006/07/what-color-is-your-aura.html

Have a wonderful day!
*^_^
(=':'=) hugs
(")_ (")Š from da Raggedy one

Raggedy said...

I left a wish for you at my place.
Have a wonderful day!
*^_^
(=':'=) hugs
(")_ (")Š from da Raggedy one