Saturday, January 22, 2005

Here's the Dealio-Yo

We went to the predeployment briefing on Thursday on got all the info that they're going to give me. Bill is scheduled to leave March 1st give or take 7 days and return October 1st give or take 7 days. No more, no less. No chance of him coming home earlier. The CO said that if everything were accomplished in Iraq, Uncle Sam would still find something for them to do until October 1st came around.

Here's the good news: Unlike two years ago, he will actually be sleeping in a building with running water and AC (when it's working). The summers get up to 140 degrees so AC would be nice this time around. He'll have email, though not everyday and he'll actually have access to a phone. In 2003 I got a total of three phone calls while he was gone and a handful of emails and that was all before March. He came home in May. For two months I had no idea how he was doing until I got a hand written letter and then that only let me know how he was doing two weeks prior. If you'd like to send something to him, email me and let me know and I'll give you his address. We're still not sure what he'll be doing over there since he's an admin guy attached to a grunt unit. Fun!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

This really stinks!! So, does this mean I should start sending things now so they'll arrive around the same time he does? J/K When you get his address let me know. We'll be saying our prayers for you.