Wednesday, November 30, 2005

We're OFF...

to see the wizard! the wonderful wizard of, er, um...consumerism? We're skipping MOPS tomorrow and heading out the the mall, y'all, to see the Big Guy and get a picture. Gotta do it. It's in the mommy handbook. Gotta do it tomorrow because I'm not working and grandma can help keep the kids corralled. They be wild chillins at times!

Trey's first exposure to Santa was at 5 weeks old. How stinkin' cute is that?! We've gone every year but last year. I got an 'F' on the mommy report card, I'm sad to say, in 2004. I wasn't sure how Leah would react to the guy with all that fluffy stuff on his face so we skipped it. Leah hasn't shown any fear toward the Chick-fil-a cow, strangers or a camera lens, so I think we're good. The Chick-fil-a cow is way scarier than Santa. Besides, Santa has candy. That, and my daughter is a camera slut. Just pop one out and she'll drop whatever she's doing to pose for you. It's purely from the paternal side. Seriously.

I asked Trey who Santa was since we really haven't pushed the whole Santa issue. We didn't want to deliberately steer him toward that whole idea but if he picked up on it on his own that was fine. To him at this point in time, Santa is the guy who hands out candy canes at the mall. Works for me. Trey's way more excited about Jesus' birthday than some big guy falling down our chimney. I'm going to hold onto that for as long as I can.

3 comments:

Manda said...

I wanna see pictures!!!!!

Judy said...

Travis is much the same way - Santa is cool and all, but we REALLY get into Advent and the candles and Jesus' birthday and the cake we make for Jesus...a HUGE deal here.

Kelly said...

So, where's the photo?

I posted photos of my decorations in honor of your post below! :)