Thursday, September 01, 2005

A Freak by Any Other Name...

Cleaning. Cleaning. Cleaning.

I have two weeks to get my house *perfect* before my hubby comes home.

I have what's called OCD, commonly referred to as Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. My brain gets stuck. I'm not satisfied until it's done just so. This isn't easy when you have little ones right behind you messing up what you just did. I'm changing the name to Obviously Cares Deeply.

I have gone through the bedrooms with my vacuum and attachments, my swiffer duster, my Old English and clean white rag, my lint roller, Windex, Clorox CleanUp (for the windowsills as we are a coastal city and a lovely inhabitant called mold likes to move in) and my Febreeze. The rooms still needing tending to are the office, the upstairs bathrooms, the living/dining room and the constant Family room and kitchen. I've gone through the laundry room, moving everything out to mop and dust and disinfect. The downstairs bathroom was cleaned top to bottom to include me getting on the floor with my cleaner and scrubbing. I've done the kitchen countless times but it always needs tending to. The family room is a whirlwind of primary colored plastic and no matter how many times it gets picked up in a day it looks the same at the end of the day. Oh yeah, did I mention JUST HOW MUCH LAUNDRY I have?? Both kids have just leapt out of their prior sizes so not only to I have to wash and fold and hang clothes but now I have to store clothes for two kids which includes finding a container to put said things in and a space in the garage to keep them.

Countless blog entries have gone through my head, but because I wasn't able to get them out exactly how I wanted them (to include numerous pictures hanging out in my camera) they are still with me.

Perfectionism is a curse.

4 comments:

Bill said...

Skip the laundry room, skip the office, and skip the kitchen since I know how much you LOVE to do the dishes. :D If you REALLY need to focus your efforts, try to remember what I'll want to see when I get hom. (Hint: the office ain't it ;D)

Tammy said...

LMAO at BILL'S comment.
Yeah I'm sure the first thing he will be looking at is you and the kids and not the house.

I am so excited for you guys. HUGS.

Kelly said...

LOL! Perfectionism is NOT a curse - it is a quality! ;) I let my OCD work for me - like trying to keep things clean and what not!

Happy weekend to you!

Judy said...

Oooh, ooooh! A hottie comment! A hottie comment! Look at that counter go DOWN DOWN DOWN!!!!

I'm with Kelly - you gotta let that OCD work FOR you. I call mine a gift.