Thursday, March 03, 2005

UnSTINKINbelievable

I had a small window of opportunity to watch one of my favorite shows that I'd taped on Tuesday. It's Thursday morning, and I'm just now getting to a Tuesday night show. The kids are both asleep. Perfect timing, right? The phone rings. It's a customer who hasn't bought from me in over two years but keeps my phone number handy whenever she has a PartyLite product question. Okay, fine. After she identifies herself she asks if she woke me up since I don't sound awake. "No," I tell her "I'm just watching a Gilmore Girls episode from Tuesday that I haven't been able to watch yet." Oh...so she then proceeds to tell me about a piece of product that broke that she didn't even order from ME and this is after telling me two years ago that she would never buy from anyone else. She wants to know what she can do about it. I ask her who she bought it from. She doesn't remember. She remembers the hostess (who I also did a show for previously) but can't remember when it was. She has no idea where her receipt is. How am I supposed to help this woman? I give her PartyLite's number and tell her to talk to them since I can't personally do anything since I had nothing to do with the purchase. After that is done she proceeds to tell me that it must be nice to be able to stay at home and watch tv. WHAT?! Like that's all I do with two little kids is sit down and watch ma' storays and eat bon bons. Remember that I said it was a taped show? From two days ago? Wouldn't that indicate that I'm not able to watch tv whenever I'd like? Nickelodeon and Disney get way more airplay than what I'd like to watch. Oh, and by the way, my husband is in the middle of Iraq fighting for your sorry butt. Thanks so much for your call.

No comments: