Friday, March 25, 2005

24 Hour Job

The boss called me this morning. Early. Called at 3:30am. Can you believe that? She said I needed to meet her immediately or there would be problems with the others in the office. I met her precisely at 3:31am and she kept me until nearly 5:00am. I should get some kind of bonus for this, I mean, shouldn't we be past these early calls? We haven't had to have an urgent meeting of this kind in months. She was having some issues with pain and apparently (rolling my eyes) I was the only one who could do anything about it. So after spending nearly 30 minutes trying to get her to the point where our meeting could end I had to take her on a trip to the southern part of the building to dope her up with some fruit flavored, lavender elixir. She said something about her teeth. I don't know. It was 4:30 in the morning people! Anyway, in order not to wake her assistant, the much louder more verbal man in the building, we had to hang out in my office until she decided she would be fine on her own. Thankfully she let me have the rest of the early morning off and I didn't have to report back in until 8:30. Thank you ma'am!

No comments: