Wednesday, March 02, 2005

The Epitome of LAME

I worked as a bank teller for 2 1/2 years. It was a very evil corporation. My dad served as Vice President for a couple of different banks during my entire childhood. First at a Savings & Loan until the big crash in the 80's and then at a normal bank until the early 90's. My mom is currently working as an officer in a bank and has been a bank employee since 1982 or something like that. So basically, my life has consisted of thinking that normal dads wore 3-piece suits and moms wore pantyhose and uncomfortable shoes. No one ever got dirty at work, except for their fingers (if you work with money, please, for the love of God, DON'T LICK YOUR FINGERS!!) and you were out of the office by 5:30 Monday through Thursday and 6:30 on Fridays. I've always been fiscally responsible. My friends...not so much. It's rubbed off. I just balanced my checkbook. The last time it was balanced? January 15th!!!

Okay, that may be lame to you, but for me it's a crime. I was the type of person who balanced my checkbook weekly and knew where every cent in my possesion was. I aspire to be her again. It wasn't fun but I was never late on anything and I always knew if I had the money to do something or not. I thought you were supposed to become more responsible with age, not less.

No comments: