Saturday, April 15, 2006

Why yes, I am related to Eeyore.

Huge sigh. Beware, complaining starts.......

...

now.

I've tried to be positive, taking one thing at a time. "That's ok." "We'll make it work." Whenever our life is going great, I know something big is coming our way. Our life was going too smoothly. I felt it. Then it hit. And it kept coming.

First, Bill was relieved from the academy he tried so hard to get into, one week prior to graduation. Not because of grades (he's got an annoying knack for remembering everything he's ever read) but because of an injury he received while at the academy which snowballed and therefore deemed him "not within Marine Corps standards" physically. Since he wasn't in school he went back to work. EVERYone else in his unit was in 29 Palms (a desert training area about three hours thataway) so he just caught up on paperwork. His graduation was supposed to be today. I was supposed to have today off. Instead, he went to work, I went to work and I continued scrambling for a huge outreach thing we have going on this weekend. He came home for about an hour before heading off to church to participate in a Good Friday service. He came home and announced that there was a voicemail left notifying him that because he was one of a handful of guys that didn't go to 29 Palms, he would have to stand duty not once, but TWICE on what would have been a four day weekend. So, he will be gone all day Saturday, foregoing our family day, foregoing his obligations at church Saturday night and he'll be gone Monday, yet another day where the family will be home. Three of us resume normal schedules on Tuesday. Bill will be home. Gripe gripe gripe. Yep, that's what I'm doing.

My mom is taking Trey to the movies tomorrow morning.

Leah and I will be home alone.

The kids and I will be alone Saturday from noonish until I have to go to work at 3. Now they'll have to come with me and hopefully I can find someone to watch them there until I get off work about 6:30. We'll come home to an empty house while I fight with them to eat dinner, bathe them by myself and press their Easter clothes.

Sunday, Bill will go straight to church zombified after standing a 24 hour post, and showing up for a 6:45am call time. He'll sing at three services, I'll work at the 11:00 service and then we'll come home so everyone can nap while I prepare my sides to take to my mom's where my children are sure to do what they do best (fight) and Bill falls asleep in the recliner.

Monday morning he'll go back into work around 7:30am and come home Tuesday morning after we're gone for the day and yet another great holiday will happen in the "B" household.

Oh, and the reason I complain so much? He's missed five previous Easters due to work. This will be number six. I'm getting ready to have him miss a slew of things this coming summer and fall during another deployment, two in two years.

I covet civilian work standards.

Ok, I'm done. If you've made it this far, I applaud you.

3 comments:

Judy said...

Oh Jen, I can't even imagine how tough this is on you. I'm thankful you have your mom around, though, and at least the kids are a little bigger (which isn't always a great thing, but it beats having a newborn who takes up ALL of your time). (((HUGS))) to you!

Jumpin' On My Last Nerve said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jumpin' On My Last Nerve said...

I can't even begin to imagine all you guys have had to go through (and still have to go through). Prayers and big hugs are being sent your way.