Tuesday, February 15, 2005

It's Just a Bowl Of Cherries, I Tell Ya

We've had a long day and it's only noon. Both kids were up before 7am, hacking and coughing and wheezing and sneezing with perpetual runny noses, whiney, complaining, dramatic and attention seeking. I took them outside to play on the swingset. The phone rings. It's my friend Amanda, whose hubby is gone (again) for their anniversary. Can I talk to her for 5, five minutes without an interruption? No. Trey accidentally pokes Leah in the mouth so she's crying and then he's crying because I took her out of the swing when he wanted her in the swing. Amidst cries and sniffs are pleas to push someone on the swing who wouldn't let me touch him before because he wanted to "doit myseff". Ugh! Try to put the baby down for a nap. Nope. Try to get the boy to play alone. Nope. A good 45 minutes goes by before everyone is happy again.

Finally! I'll check my email.

Guess what? Best Friend may be getting a new car and she's going to Maui for a week this summer for free. Couldn't have been worse timing. Talk about kicking someone while they're down. What do I get to do this summer? Stay home with my kids and plan my daughter's first birthday party knowing her daddy is going to miss it since he'll be in Iraq while trying to reassure Trey that he is still my baby and I will always love him and how am I going to keep my sanity with two little monkeys clinging to my legs? You gotta love the Corps.

1 comment:

Kristal said...

There is some good news.... You won my free cd! Get me your address and I will mail it out to you. Congratulations!!!

www.kristyk.org