Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Horseshoes and Sippy Cups

I got up early this morning in order to be productive. I have grocery shopping, cleaning, laundry and bill paying to do today. So what do I do? I sit at the computer and add to my blog. Reeeal productive.

It has been so cold these past few days. Though we are cozy and snuggly here at home, I can't rid the thought of horses from my head. Huh? Every time I go on base, we pass the stables. I use the term 'stables' lightly. There are some aluminum looking partitions for the horses to stand under and that's about it. When it gets down to 27 degrees I tend to think they'd be a little cold. Every night as I crawl into my blanket laden bed, I feel so sorry for those dumb equine. Bill, of course, thinks I'm crazy. What can I say? They're Californians too! We're not used to this weather. There was frost on the lawn this morning and the birds sitting on the fence had their feathers puffed out in order to stay warm. One of the best things about this time of year is that we can see snow covered Mt. Baldy from our kitchen and bedroom. It's beautiful and hard to imagine it would take 2 1/2 hours to get there.

Bill has been super busy with an upcoming play at our church. That means that Trey doesn't have his WWE time with daddy which means he acts crazy and pushes his limits with me. Recently he's been planting his things on Leah and then accusing her of taking them. His recent attempt was his cup. Well, when you give anything to a baby who loves to put everything in her mouth, she's going to try it out. That's right. Leah drank from a cup. This may be totally normal for a 5 1/2 month old, but I'm certainly not used to it. I begged, pleaded and bribed Trey to drink from a cup and he didn't until after his first birthday. What gives?

No comments: