Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Lifestyles of the Not-so-Rich & Unfamous

Life's Luxuries that I've gone far too long without

  • Starbucks
  • A new hand cream or anti-bac soap from Bath & Body Works
  • A date with my husband
  • Girls Night Out
  • Getting dressed solely based on my preference without wondering what is going to be transfered from tiny fingers or lips
  • Getting my hair highlighted
  • Renting a movie
  • Shoe shopping
  • http://www.glenivy.com
  • Watching a favorite tv show when it's actually on instead of watching a taped version when the children are in bed.
  • Reading a novel
  • Being able to fully engage in what I'm reading at the beach
  • Napping at the beach
  • Wearing white
  • Getting up at my own leisurely pace
  • Being able to leave the house in a moment's notice
  • A coffee table

Things I wouldn't trade for all of Life's Luxuries

  • The sense of humor of a 3 year old
  • That tiny toothless smile
  • A husband who loves to come home even when it looks like a natural disaster occured
  • Sweet baby eyelashes fluttering as she falls asleep in my arms
  • Incessant compliments from my son
  • Watching things I've taught my children come to life before my eyes
  • The pure joy on my childrens' faces when they see me walk through the front door
  • Baby giggles
  • The sweet, pure smell that only belongs to youth
  • My family

No comments: