Monday, May 30, 2011

Yes, this really is a post about my cat

Mozart is an indoor cat.  Can't you tell?


Every once in a while, I'll let him out into the backyard, as long as I'm there to make sure he doesn't take off to patrol the neighborhood.

 The only problem with our little routine, is that Mozart has fallen in looove.  He is really a smitten kitten.  He gets this look in his eye.  He paws at the sliding glass door in the morning begging to go outside to see his love.  I can see the anticipation building up in his little body.  Yes, Mozart has a girlfriend.


Her name?

 Lilac.  He purrs.  He pushes the side of his face all over these poor lilac bushes.  He kisses them.  Whispers sweet nothings (in Catonese of course) and seems irritated if I interrupt his little love fest.  I really don't think it will last long.  Maybe until October at the most.  It's a strange love affair for sure.
 He did stray for a little bit.  He walked the perimeter of the yard, saying hello to the aspen.
 Completely ignoring the birds who were warning each other that there was a hairy beast on the ground.  Fluttering leaves were much more interesting than the noisy chirps.


He's obviously not lacking in food hence the lack of attention to his feathered friends.  The aspen leaves only held his attention so long.  And then he was back to the love of his, uh, season: Lilac.

3 comments:

Judy said...

HA! That's cute, Jen! And not a small cat, either!

I lovelovelove Aspen trees. They are gorgeous in the fall!

Krista said...

This is so sweet! I love it! I have not been here in a while and was so excited to see so many posts:) I am sorry there is so much going on. I am praying for you friend.....can not wait to see you!

Anonymous said...

So the fat cat has a new leaf on life!