Monday, February 08, 2010

Q & A

Have you heard people ask those silly questions like, why do you park on a driveway and drive on a parkway? I have my own set of silly questions that have been swimming in my brain. If you can answer them for me, you get a prize*.




  • Why did it take 18 years for my husband's job to completely rock AND why are we so far from friends and family when this kickin' job is finally happening?

  • Why were we finally in a place of financial freedom in California (I know, sounds like an oxymoron) and then get moved to Denver where it feels like we're back to where we were two years ago?

  • When making knock off Chipotle guacamole, one is instructed to dice a serrano or jalapeno pepper. When you do this, you're supposed to wear food prep gloves or you risk burning your skin. But then you put said peppers into your MOUTH and they eventually end up IN your body. Man, good thing they instructed me to protect my fingers.

  • When you find something at Costco that everyone in your family loves, why do they quit stocking it?

  • Any time I state, "I will never", it ends up happening. Why?? Examples? I will never date a Marine--married one. I will never drive a Ford--had it for 3 1/2 years. I will never live where I have to shovel snow or endure a tornado--double check...oh Denver you wacky city.

  • Why does my eight year old think that he is smarter than I am? Doesn't he know he needs to be at least twelve before he starts that behavior?

  • Why does my cat feel the need to yak on whatever is cleanest/most difficult to clean in the house? We've got a ton of wood flooring and tile in the house but apparently my oversized comforter and freshly changed sheets are a better option.

What are your unanswered questions? I know I'll have more. I've had a LOT of time to think lately with all the not working and the snow and the kids being home. My brain needs a vacation in San Diego.

*One shiny Gold Star. Woohoo!!

2 comments:

SurferWife said...

If it makes you feel any better, the weather has been wacky here, too. And my almost 8 year old thinks he knows evrything as well. My mom is loving the payback.

Jennifer said...

Hi Jen!

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Boy - we sure have a lot in common -- even our names!!

Hope you'll be able to make the MckMama gathering! I'd love to meet you and talk about our Marines! ;-)

~ Jennifer
http://thetoyboxyears.blogspot.com