Friday, November 06, 2009

Painting

Today was gorgeous. It felt like a normal day back home. Sunny and 75. Oh how I miss my predictable weather! I really feel like I'm part lizard. When the sun is out and the weather is warm, my work production goes up. I can go on for hours. I'm motivated and happy. When it's cold or grey outside, I can't hardly manage to function let alone get anything else done. My to-do list for this house is HUGE! I thought that having our very first home that we own would help my motivation. Hmm, apparently not. Today was different. I painted. For six hours. Both of my kids had a day off from school which meant time outside for them and time to work for me! I am covered in specks and sploshes of lime green and lavender and I'm tired in a very good way. My husband is on his way home from work, Chipotle in hand and I feel like I can say that today was great.

Tomorrow, the weather is supposed to be just as nice. I'll be painting again, but instead of the walls, it will be me. Our annual Marine Corps Ball is in downtown Denver tomorrow. This will be the 14th ball I've attended. They're all magical in their own little way. I wish we had good friends coming with us like we've had in the past, but a date night with my hubby will be just fine with me.

1 comment:

Krista said...

Have I told you how much I like painting? Man why are you so far away???? I want to paint....I WANT TO PAINT. oh, no now I have the painting bug....Heaven help our home.
I am very proud of you for working so hard today! You Rock! I hope you get a few more sunny days!