Monday, February 26, 2007

Cost Comparison

In my quest to find a place to call our own, I must use humor to deal with the craziness of my home town.

What you can get for $300,000 where I grew up:


















What you can buy for $300,000 where my husband grew up:
















Where's the justice? I do NOT want to live where he grew up. Shouldn't there be a grandfather clause when it comes to buying a place in your hometown? I think so. Anywhere else in the country, our income would be seen as upper middle class. Here? We qualify as 'low income' when looking at numbers for the first time home buyers program here. Ahhh, San Diego. The best place in the world you can never afford. =D

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Holy Cow Jen!! You might want to reconsider that "I don't want to live in Ohio" statement. I bet the crime rate is a lot lower also!! Good luck house hunting!

Raggedy said...

Good grief! You are the third blogger I know who has posted about housing costs today! I heard it was a buyers market! Who can buy at those prices?
Hunting for one might be fun though. You get to take a lot of tours and browse.
Have a wonderful day!
*^_^
(=':'=) hugs
(")_ (")Š from
the Cool Raggedy one

k8 said...

here in monkeyville 300,00 will get the big one too. and more!

Unknown said...

$300K here is low-average. Not crack-house mind you but not mansion either.

I feel for you, really I do. I just do not understand how anything good can come of this, I mean, will there be a day when a starter home is a million bucks? Or I guess it's kinda like that already out there but man...

I need to move. I mean seriously....who in their right minds would have thought that Wisconsin would be a pricey place to live!?!?!?